25 things to do before you’re 25? There’s a lot of these kind of lists around the net… things to do before you die, things to do before you reach milestone ages. Most of them involve things like bungee jumping or travelling the world… mine includes painting skirting boards and starting savings accounts.
I felt like the most boring person on earth when I wrote my list, but they are genuinely the things I want to do before I turn 25! Thing’s I’ve meant to do for ages but never get around to actually doing…
The thing is, I did have some exciting thing’s in my list… when I thought I was 23. Yep I wrote the list in November, forgetting that I had turned 23 in August!
For 3 months whenever someone asked me how old I am (I get asked a lot at work- apparently I look too young to be trusted catching babies!) I’ve been saying 23. But I’m not. I’m 24.
I met up with my best friend before Christmas for drinks and it got to about 1am, the point where you start rambling and talking about old times as the nostalgia creeps in. We talked about the good times and the amazing girls holiday we went on before we had children and I told her it was actually on my list! She asked what else I had on my list and as I read out all 25 things she was like ‘blimey, how are you going to do that in 9 months?’
Um… I have 18 months to get it all done!
Nope, you have 9 months – you’re 24.
I didn’t believe her at first. We sat and drunkenly worked out my date of birth… and suddenly the world came crashing down around me in my emotional drunken haze… how am i going to qualify as a midwife in 9 months? I turn 25 in august and don’t qualify till September… Cross that one off my list!
And go on a road trip? well that was being postponed till after i qualified… so that one’s out too!
Write a book? Hahahaha. With my dissertation, portfolios, job interviews, exams, 13 hour shifts and oh yeah, actually seeing my family sometimes? No way pedro.
So basically my list was cut in half and new items were added. And they’re not all that exciting.
Here is my list written out so that I can cross items off when I complete them! I need people to keep me in check… So please feel free to come and give me a kick up the bum I’m not actually doing any of them! In fact leave me a comment with the number you want me to do, and I’ll that first
1. Donate blood.
2. Change driving license address from when we moved 4 years ago.
3. Evict foxes from bramble den at the back of the garden.
4. Spend 24 hours in the garden!
5. Have a random acts of kindness day
6. Release message balloons with our email and see if anyone responds
7. Cut off my hair and donate it to charity
8. Replace gross 70s (80s?) carpet in the hallway.
9. Find a place for everything, and then put everything in it’s place.
10. Buy a wide angle lens for camera.
11. Get into the habit of going to bed at a reasonable time.
12. Write a will.
13. Complete C25K – don’t give up this time!
14. Set up savings accounts for the boys.
15. Make a family tree
16. Finish painting all the skirting boards.
17. Stop drinking coke zero. Or fizzy drinks in general. For at least a month.
18. Donate my eggs
19. Get photos printed to put in empty frames and to give family members
20. Make photobooks of all our photos, organise the ones we’re keeping and back them up!
21. Find a penpal
22. Use our merlin pass at least twice a month
23. Organise the boys art cuboard and their expedits.
24. See someone (chiropractor? Osteopath?) about my back.
25. Take my nan away for the weekend like she used to do for me when i was little.
As I said – please leave me a comment with a number and I’ll do it consider it a challenge! Or just leave me words of encouragement
I’m linking this post to PoCoLo! x
If you enjoyed this post please consider nominating me for the MAD Blog Awards 2014! This is the first time I've done anything like this so thank you so much for your support! This blog is only 4 months old so the 'New blog' category would be suitable, but honestly I would just be so thankful to be nominated in any category! xXx